Translate

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

'Afternoon in the Garden' Card for Maja Design

maja 1

Hello and welcome! I have a new card for Maja Design to share with you this lovely Tuesday. 

I'm overwhelmed with inspiration every time I pull out my Maja Design papers. My card today was influenced by the design of this elegant woman relaxing with her magazine. My minds eye flew away to Jane Austen novels and the manicured gardens of aristocratic Regency England. My sweet mom created an enthusiastic daydreamer when she instilled a love of reading in me, for which I will be eternally grateful.

The gorgeous papers are first distressed, layered, and stitched to form a base, then the pure joy of embellishing the card begins. The roses and leaves are handmade using the paper collection.

Maja 3

Prima's resin Shabby Chic Treasures are a perfect fit with the theme of my card.  The frame below has the feel of neoclassical moldings found in many of the finest homes of the era.

maja 4

Below is a close up of the image that inspired my card. You'll find another Prima Shabby Chic Treasure tucked in there as well.

Maja 5
Maja 6

The frayed cheesecloth and bow lend a soft finishing touch.

maja 2

Thank you for stopping by and for all of your sweet comments. When I read them my heart is so full of gratitude for my crafty family. Wishing you a gallon of love, two quarts of happiness, a pint of inspiration, and a sprinkle of fairy dust!     

Hugs,

Maja Design Papers Used: 
Vintage-Autumn-Basics

Vintage-Summer-BasicsK

Other products used: Tim Holtz Tattered Florals dies, Tim Holtz Distress Tool, Magnolia Rose Leaf die and another leaf die with no manufacturers name, Susan's Garden Flower Shaping kit, Prima Shabby Chic Treasures, Cheesecloth, Twine, Adhesives, Sewing Machine, Thread, Heavy White Cardstock.

Did you know Maja Design is on Social Media?

Pinterest: Did you know that Maja Design has a Pinterest Page? You can find it right here.
Facebook: You can follow us on Facebook right here and of course "LIKE" us.
Instagram: Maja also has an Instagram account – majadesigninsweden.
(Use the hashtag #majadesigninsweden or the tag @majadesigninsweden
with your Maja papers so we can find you.)





4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Nancy! I love the color combo and such a wonderfully elegant design! I have some Maja papers and just can't get myself to even make a cut into them! I pull them out of the cabinet and just admire them...they are so pretty! There hasn't been an occasion special enough to use them.
    Thank you for the inspiration and have a wonderful day!
    Hugs

    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really gorgeous, Nancy! The Prima resin frame is so great with your gorgeous floral collage. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card, Nancy! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nancy, Gosh what a beautiful card ,all those layers and twine and not forgetting your beautiful flower , i am in awe of your work.
    I am away to look at the Maja papers
    ( a new one for me ).
    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete