Translate

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Altered Mail Box for Frilly and Funkie Challenge!


Hello and welcome! I hope this day finds you and your loved ones safe and well. I feel blessed to share this project with you today. Such a small, simple joy in the grand scheme of things. With the recent tragedies in Paris it puts everything in harsh perspective.

We're unveiling our latest challenge at The Frilly and Funkie Blog. Cec has chosen a super fun theme for the next two weeks! She has titled it An Altered State, with the following guidelines:  It is time to transform something you have sitting around or can pick up for a song and make it one of your works of art.  It could be a frame, a bottle, an old cigar box, a discarded CD - the list is endless. Just make sure your final transformation is vintage or shabby chic.

For complete challenge details and exciting prize information just click on the blog link above. We're inviting everyone to play along with us, so it's time to start creating!

I've had a couple of paper mache mailboxes in my craft cupboard for years. I decided to alter one in a cornucopia style as centerpiece for our Thanksgiving table. I'll be presenting a step by step tutorial for this project on Saturday.


I've wanted to try out some of the faux metal techniques for quite a while. This presented the perfect opportunity! 


I focused on rich earth tones and elements found in nature, like this tiny birds nest. I have a few more photos to share. I'll save the rest of the details for Saturday's tutorial. 




Thank you so much for stopping in to have a peek at my little mailbox. May your day be filled with crafty happiness! 

Hugs,   


12 comments:

  1. Hi Nancy
    Yes it is such a sad world we live in , i pray for all involved in this tragedy .
    On a lighter note you project is just beautiful, looking forward to your Tutorial.
    God Bless.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing Nancy and now I can't wait for the step by step!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how cool is this!!! I love US mailboxes (we don't get anything like that in the UK) and adore how this one has been made over to create such a beautiful fall project. Can't wait to see the step by step on Saturday now! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Nancy, this is incredible!! I am really looking forward to seeing the step by step on how you put this together! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see the step x step for this beauty. The mailbox makes a great cornucopia when you fill it will your gorgeous flowers and will look fantastic on your table.

    I had a small mailbox in my stash but on the last PA day, my Granddaughter turned it into a pig with the help of some toilet paper rolls and pink card stock - shows how versatile the mailboxes can be :) Oh yes, and my Grandson turned a toilet paper roll into a Ninja Turtle.

    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I just can't wait! Fabulous project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks brilliant so I shall be watching for the tutorial! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a beautiful alteration! Lovely fall colors and waiting for your detailed tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh.....how perfect! I love the rusted effect you achieved on the mailbox and then all those gorgeous elements tumbling out...it just makes my heart sing. You are soooo incredibly gifted, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nancy, I heartily agree with Kathy! You are so wonderfully gifted, and we are blessed that you share your gifts with us! I love that patina on the mailbox and all of nature's bounty pouring out. I'm looking forward to your post on Saturday! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning Nancy! All the wonders of Autumn are captured in you beautiful table centre piece. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete