Translate

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Pion Mother's Day Card



Hello, dear friends. I hope all is bright and sunny in your part of the world. Spring has arrived in Charleston, filling the air with the sweet scent of blooming flowers. The bird feeder outside my mother's nursing home window has already attracted several pairs of songbirds to serenade her during the day! My time with my mother is so precious. For those of you aware of my mom's illness, please continue to pray for a miracle for my her. Cancer is such an evil thing. I pray it is banished from her body and that her health and strength are restored.

We're excited to announce the start of a new challenge at the Frilly and Funkie Blog! Nicole is our hostess and her theme is 'Springtime Die Cuts'. She asks us to dust off our stash of flower, foliage, or butterfly dies this time around. You may create any type of project, card, or layout, just remember to think SPRING! Check out all the entry details simply by clicking on the link above.

I crafted this card for my mother, because she IS my favorite! I was planning to give it to her on Mother's Day, but I think I'll give it to her today instead!


I'm using Pion's Paris Flea Market for the second project in a row, because it's just so pretty! I distressed and layered my papers. I love the way the designs in this collection work together.
I decided to create a garden of fragrant roses using my Tim Holtz Tattered Florals and Mini Tattered Florals dies. The entrance to my garden is through a pair of white washed iron gates, courtesy of Kaisercraft flourishes.



I finished everything off with some Prima pearls, frayed cheesecloth, and a twine bow, then shabbied it all up with a touch of Gesso.


Thank you for stopping by to take a peek at my card. Your visit means so much to me! I also want to thank everyone who is praying for my mother. Your kind words, prayers, and positive thoughts mean the world to us. I wish you good health and a future filled with crafty fun! 

Hugs,


12 comments:

  1. Hi Nancy,
    What a beautiful card you have made for your darling Mom. I'm sure she will be delighted with it, as well as being extremely proud to have such an amazingly talented thoughtful and caring daughter too. Thinking and praying of you all each day.
    Warmest best wishes
    Su
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Card , Both you and your Mom are in my Prayers .
    God Bless .
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just Stunning Nancy! A very beautiful card with so many wonderful layers and those gorgeous flowers. Thinking of you x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy, this card is gorgeous! Your mom will love it! Keeping you both in prayers. Cancer is such a terrible disease and I pray each night that a cure is found.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Nancy! Love your amazing flowers and the gate tucked underneath is a great addition! Beautiful colours, so soft and romantic! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card this is!!! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is simply exquisite - so soft and romantic. I love the gorgeous flowers with bits of cheesecloth tucked around them and the way you distress paper is fantastic. GORGEOUS!!!!
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  8. An exquisite card. You use subtle colors so well. You just have a way with them. Of course the flowers are incredible, too. Will be lovely for your Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhh Nancy this is stunning. I love the pale blues and neutrals together, they work beautifully in your design xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This really is so beautiful Nancy. I love those shabby chic flowers of yours and the great idea of layering them over the chipboard gates. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely delightful. I love the color palette with the soft blues - such gorgeous paper and you always work magic. Beautiful shabby layers and the flowers are always incredible. Love the way you worked in the Kaisercraft gate too - so pretty! My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you and your family. I hope your mom is able to enjoy this special card so full of love.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is stunning! I love the softness, and the flowers are gorgeous.

    Please accept my condolences on the loss of your mother.

    ReplyDelete